Razzmatazz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

> Ka-pow! RP <

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

> Ka-pow! RP < Empty > Ka-pow! RP <

Post by Emma Fri Oct 10 2014, 16:42

Ka-pow! RP takes place in Lansing Arbor, Michigan. A town of about 700,000 people I think we decided on. It's about September, on a Friday.
Emma
Emma
Admin

https://razzmatazz.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

> Ka-pow! RP < Empty Re: > Ka-pow! RP <

Post by Emma Thu Oct 16 2014, 19:19

Quinn had just pulled into the parking lot for the Lansing Science Lab, and parked her car. Quinn shut the car off and took her keys out, leaning her head back against the seat and taking a deep breath in. She needed just a moment of break before she went to work for the day, she hated waking up early all the time. It was exhausting. Quinn was appreciative for her job of course, she loved every minute of it, but damn if that 7 o' clock alarm drove her nuts. She wasn't a morning person. Still though, it was ten until nine and she liked to be at least a little early.

Made it easier for her to settle into work for the day, anyhow.

Quinn grabbed her purse from the passenger seat and threw it over her shoulder before exiting her car and locking the doors back. Okay, here we are. Work. I've only been here since what, April? Yeah. Not quite reaching the reliable-employee territory yet. Early. Ten minutes early is always fantastic. Plenty of enough time... She adjusted the collar on her shirt, remembering her first week of work where she was trying to make a nice impression with her fairly nice clothes. Not formal, but casual formal.

She'd never make that mistake again.

On the second day she ended up staining a really nice shirt, third day she put a hole in her pants. She now has a pile of spare clothes kept at work and buys $5 collar shirts at Target. As for pants, the general dress code is "formal up top, casual down below" which means she typically wears jeans and ankle boots to work. Quinn had mastered the fashion of the lab, but she hadn't quite mastered much else there yet.

Nonetheless, she slid her keycard through the reader at the door and entered with a bright greeting to their receptionist, Clifford, before heading on the way back to clock in and see her supervisor for a quick check in. At any rate, he wasn't going to be in for another few minutes probably, so she grabbed her phone to look at what she had planned for today. Wasn't much, she had a project from the previous day she was working on. At ten there was an appointment for some journalist that nobody else there wanted to talk to, so it got passed onto her.

Luckily, Quinn hadn't ever dealt with a journalist yet, so it was a big, exciting deal for her. Everyone else had been interviewed several times over and now it was her turn. The lab was massive with all different departments though so her main question was whether or not that the interview had gone through several departments to get to her or just through the hierarchy within her own radiology department.

Quinn tapped her finger on her thigh several times nervously as she considered her day ahead when her supervisor entered the room and gave a bright smile to Quinn. The two of them immediately jumped right into the main subject of what she had been working on.
Emma
Emma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrie Thu Oct 16 2014, 20:43

Diwata was awakened by the smell of burning chocolate. Unfortunately, it was a smell she had gotten quite used to over the past few months. Her roommate was an enthusiastic but terrible cook.
As Diwata got ready for the day (she didn't have to hurry, luckily; the interview she was giving wasn't until ten and she had nothing else to do before it), she could hear Nelly in the kitchen, singing along to some Japanese pop song while attending whatever chocolate disaster she'd made this time.

Despite how loud and energetic (and opposite to her own personality) Nelly might be, Diwata couldn't help but like her. She was like some weird sort of little sister.

"Morning!" called Nelly over the foreign pop music as Diwata exited her room. "Want a burnt pain a' chocolat?"
Diwata smiled slightly. "No thank you."
Her roommate simply shrugged in response and went back to singing along to the music.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Thu Oct 16 2014, 21:39

After about ten minutes, Quinn got up from her seat, shook her supervisor's hand and exited his office to head off to her workstation. She had a more secluded area off in the furthest back corner of the building that was mostly to herself. She had a large workspace and a computer off to one side, with all sorts of chemicals and things that she had to fetch from a closet outside her room. The entrance to the room was to her back, which often startled her when someone entered. She put on her lab coat and buttoned it all the way up.

Quinn took a seat at her desk and checked on some things she had under some CC3 by peering through it. She made notes on this, wheeled her chair over to her desk and turned the computer on.
Emma
Emma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrie Fri Oct 17 2014, 11:45

Diwata munched her way through a bowl of cereal, then grabbed her bag (which happened only to contain her phone and a bunch of notepads and pencils/pens) and headed out the door, leaving Nelly still singing in the kitchen. 
The car she owned was, well, a car. Nothing very special about it. It was the kind of car that takes forever to find in a parking lot unless you make it honk.
She listened to meditative music on the drive to the Lansing Science Lab, to keep herself calm in the traffic, and tried to block out the annoying bass of the car which insisted on driving right next to her. Thankfully it turned off onto another street before she got a headache.

She had to go through a process of providing her credentials so the receptionist would open the door for her, and she couldn't help but wonder absentmindedly why they hadn't had anyone waiting for her. They must all just be busy, she thought. Oh, a narrow hallway with lots of people. Great. Breathe, Diwata, breathe. You walk down halls like this all the time. You need to stop getting nervous. Breathe, Di, breathe.....
She did indeed keep breathing; slow, even breathes as she wove her way through the hustle and bustle of scientists going to their work. Luckily the receptionist had told her where to go, and she didn't get lost on the way there. 
She reached a door that had a plaque reading Quinn Emerson, and she knocked lightly on the door.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Fri Oct 17 2014, 16:07

Quinn glanced up from her seat, where she was still sitting at the computer logging progress. She reached her hands under her glasses to rub her eyes briefly before offering a smile and standing up and holding out a hand. "Good morning, Ms. Sharma?"
Emma
Emma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrie Fri Oct 17 2014, 17:30

Diwata took Quinn's hand to give it a brief shake, and gave a small smile. "That's me. I hope you're having a good day, Ms. Emerson?" She pulled a notepad and pencil out of her bag. "You're a relatively new employee, I've heard. What are you working on?"
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Fri Oct 17 2014, 17:41

Just jump right into it, then... Quinn gestured to a chair she had pulled into the room earlier for Diwata. She took her out seat back in her desk chair and sat up straight. Don't screw this up, either, aye? She pushed herself over to the separate desk in the room. There was a sheet over a large square shape object, and she also had some test tubes out that were under a large foggy-glass dome shape. "Currently I've been testing the way chameleons' skin reacts to radioactivity, and I can't really go into detail why yet but I can tell you that the average chameleon can handle a radioactive environment for over a year. I'm testing whether it's their spit, their scales or their DNA that aids them in survival."
Emma
Emma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrie Fri Oct 17 2014, 17:52

Diwata sat down lightly in the chair Quinn offered her, scribbling down in her own weird shorthand what Quinn was saying, then tucked a stray piece of hair which was obscuring her view behind her ear, before looking up at Quinn again. "Do you have any indication yet which part it is that helps them survive?"
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Fri Oct 17 2014, 17:59

"I know for a fact so far that it's nothing to do with their platelet count or their teeth, which would typically be the first things we test for," Quinn answered.
Emma
Emma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrie Fri Oct 17 2014, 18:12

Diwata wasn't quite sure what a platelet was, but she didn't ask, as she thought it would sound unprofessional. "How long have you been working on this project?"
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Fri Oct 17 2014, 18:13

"I started on this specific project three weeks ago, immediately after I finished my training," Quinn answered promptly.
Emma
Emma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrie Fri Oct 17 2014, 18:18

Diwata wrote this down.
"Are you enjoying your job? What part do you like most?" I sound like someone trying to judge the happiness of their employees. Ugh. I need to find better questions.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Fri Oct 17 2014, 18:27

"I'm loving the job," Quinn said with a bright smile. "All the experiments and I'm really looking forward to working with my coworkers on certain tests in the future. Learning everything is thrilling."
Emma
Emma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrie Fri Oct 17 2014, 18:32

Diwata searched about for something else to ask about. Her eyes fell on the large square thing covered in a sheet. "May I ask what that is?"
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Fri Oct 17 2014, 18:36

"Those are the chameleons we currently have kept. They need to stay in the dark right now, and I have the one who is being kept in the light," she spun her chair to gesture. "Over there."
Emma
Emma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrie Fri Oct 17 2014, 18:39

Diwata turned to look. "Why is that one being kept in the light? Is that part of an experiment?" She scribbled some things down on her notepad.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Fri Oct 17 2014, 18:47

"Yep, which I'm not allowed to release why," Quinn answered politely.
Emma
Emma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrie Fri Oct 17 2014, 18:58

"And what is in those test tubes? Are you allowed to divulge that information, or is it classified as well?" She scribbled some more on her notepad.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Fri Oct 17 2014, 19:07

"Liquid CC3 in the first one, XML mixed with EXrec, annnnnd some chryseran in the third one," Quinn supplied after a moment of thought.
Emma
Emma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrie Fri Oct 17 2014, 19:08

Scribble scribble.
"And what are they used for?"
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Fri Oct 17 2014, 19:25

"They're varied forms of radioactivity and nuclear chemicals," Quinn answered.
Emma
Emma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrie Fri Oct 17 2014, 19:31

"And what do you use them for?" Diwata scribbled some more.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Fri Oct 17 2014, 19:56

"Experiments to see how to combat them," Quinn responded.
Emma
Emma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrie Fri Oct 17 2014, 20:13

Diwata scribbled more. She was actually only half writing things down; she was also scribbling a chameleon in Superman's costume.
"May I see an example of your work?"
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum